Thursday, February 02, 2006

History


Some time towards the end of last year (2005) the usual people were sat around a table in the Bulls Head, Hall Green having a discussion. Ideas such as go-kart racing, becoming detectives and flying helicopters were being banded around but one topic struck a chord with me. It began by laying down the rules to the "growing the fattest pumpkin competion". All present were eager to take part and shook hands on it. The drinking continued and the idea was probably forgotten by most.
That night lying in bed the notion came back to me and it struck me that without a garden that I did not stand a chance of winning. I would have to rent me some land.
Since the decision was made to commit to allotment patch I have likend to the idea of becoming semi-self sufficient and creating a totally organic world and finely tune the science of nature without the use for chemicals.

1 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, Blogger Stephen Griffin said...

Challenge accepted! May the best pumpkineer win. See http://griffin147.blogspot.com/ for details.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home