Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Genesis

A lot has happened in the last 2 weeks. I have acquired a 17.8m by 5m allotment patch at the sum of £21 pounds a year. On my first arrival on site I was pleased to find some remanance of the previous lodger's work remained. Raspberry canes, strawberries and goos-gooses (gooseberries) were already growing although they will need some work.
I have obtained my tools and tidied my workshop (at home)
and I am now ready to pot my first seeds. I have decided to grow carrots, lettuce, spinach and of course pumpkin. Apparently, according to gingerbeardy fellow at the garden centre, if I follow the instuctions on the seed packets this growing business is a doddle. I'm not so sure however, I have taken a few precautionary measures to ensure my first years crop yield is a success.
I have purchased some special seedling compo to ensure a good healthy start and although it's not strictly organic I will endevour to find an alternative for next year. I have also dismantled some wooden pallets to build a composter to place on site.
I have taken some photos and I will publish them just as soon as I have figured out how to do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home