Thursday, April 13, 2006

Auntie gets a look in

It has been a very exciting month in the Organic Craggle Calender. Firstly the allotment is coming along very well. I have planted the raspberries, tidied the strawberries, discovered some mystery rhubarb and prepared the soil to a fine tilt. When last down there I got chatting to a kind old lady who regaled me with details of a 'Best Newcomer Award' that I was eligible for. Time to double the efforts.
In the garden I have dressed the place with hanging baskets, potted plants and a rather lavish patio chimney. Also I have bought a new BBQ and outdoor lights in anticipation of some summer evening parties.
The studying is going well and I can now bore my friends and collegues with classification and nomaclature of the Plant Kingdom and I can draw a plant cell from memory. Good skills even if I do say so myself. As part of my teaching course I am hoping to observe a horticulural session at the college where I work to get a taste of what might be my future vocation.
The "fattest pumpkin competion" has now become the "fattest marrow competion" and the union of vegetable growing brothers has been born - P.A.M.E.L.A. (Pumpkins And Marrows Extra Large Association).
Which leads me to the most mouth watering news of all. The B.B.C. has got wind of all this marlarchy, through Brother Woody (national pumkin champion two thousand and something). They have approached my learned friend this morning to help them out with a programme they are making on large vegetables. He kindly spoke of the competition and gave forward our names to be interviewed and filmed. Time to treble the efforts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home