Thursday, June 15, 2006

Grumble Weeds

The allotment took a beating during the latter weeks of spring. The rain came down for 19 days and 19 nights and the weeds grew 'til my fodder was no longer visible to the human eye. But with a 3 days working like an ox I managed to pull it back.
I am visiting the allotment twice daily at the moment to water the pumpkin that is growing 10% by the day. The rhubarb has been harvested and doled out to a few freinds, the strawberries are due for picking and the onions and lettuce could feed a vegatarian army.
The competetion for best newcomer looms so I am keeping my fingers crossed for an award. The Allotment BBQ night is nearly upon us and promises to be a fine evening

2 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Blogger Stephen Griffin said...

Well done Crow - that growth needs taming.

 
At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

10% of f*** all is still f*** all! If you were the only newcomer, you still wouldn't win that prize. AOC rock!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home