Monday, July 10, 2006

Mary Pumpkins - Chim Chim Cheroo

My Nan took care of allotment while I was away for a week in Sorrento, Itlay for my sisters wedding. She very kindly left me a diary:

Friday 30th June 2006
8 watering cans used - went between 6 & 7pm.

Saturday 1st July 2006
VERY, VERY HOT DAY - Another 8 watering cans used. Spoke to lady who has a squash and she says there is no need to water everyday (but I bet she is n't growing fat squashes - OC) . All OK i think. I am Knackered


Sunday 2nd July 2006
Extremely hot am - thunderstorm in the afternoon.

Monday 3rd July 2006
Hotter than ever - 8 cans used. Pumpkin taking over the allotment. I wish I knew what to do with it. Everything else OK.

Tuesday 4th July 2006
Had my monthly blood test 12 noon. Still unbearably hot and feel very sick and faint. Only 4 cans today but every thing looks OK. Pumpkin looks like something from "Day of the Triffids".

Wednesday 5th July 2006
Cooler today, spits of rain in the morning and quite heavy in the afternoon. Did n't go to the allotment. Will go tomorrow.

Thursday 6th July 2006
Cool again. Watered the seedlings and generally looked after the pumpkin. Won't be coming tomorrow.

Sounds like the pumpkin is doing well but my Nan may be wilting.

Thanks Nanny Taylor

1 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Nanny Taylor

 

Post a Comment

<< Home