Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Epiphany

Its July and the sun is shining. I just recorded 34 degrees C in the garden. These are the days of milk and honey for us allotmenteers, or at least they would be if I had planted more stuff. I am rueing the lack of planning and I am already looking into next year to maximise the yeild and minimise the workload.. The guy in the next plot seems to turn up now and again, whisper a few words of advice, and everything knows exactly what to do. Whereas I am battling with weeds and cursing mother earth. With this in mind next year I plan to see the allotment as more of a way of life rather than a project.
Still I am pleased with everthing I have grown. This week I am dining on courgettes in my pasta, onions in my spag bol and roast pumpkin with the sunday lunch. Mmm.


This is not just a courgette, this is an organically grown hand picked courgette.

This is just an onion

2 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you're growing plenty of Humble, for that pie you'll be eating in September.

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Stephen Griffin said...

I hope your pumpkin doesn't get eaten by pests. 'Gourdon' the gopher, and suchlike.

Groan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home